[opensuse] Re: ssytemd and openSUSE
Cristian RodrC-guez wrote:
On 06/18/2013 03:12 AM, Per Jessen wrote:

Yes, the packages are still present, but I believe other bits have been
removed or have stopped working.

Correct, the underlying base structure is no longer there and many, many important or rather say critical packages will no longer work at all.
---
The package names were left there to deliberate mislead users
into uninstalling those packages.

They aren't really sysVinit packages, they are dummy packages
made to look like sysVinit packages.

Hmm... when you package something to make it look like the
real thing, but put a dummy product in it, isn't that like fraud?

Interesting the things systemd gets people into.

FWIW, sysVinit runs does run on 12.3 & latest factory...but not
the dummy packages that Suse ships.
I wouldn't ship it as a product with my patches at this point though...