Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:33:02 +0200
Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:22:21AM +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
5) is consistent when one is dealing with multiple systems.

We really ought to retain the option for the user to use the
existing scheme of renaming at start up.

Just stick with unified naming space that dies not conflict with
kernel one, as was already done for other devices. udev no more
supports renaming of sda to sdb. Why it should support renaming of
eth0 to eth1?

Simply because to avoid trouble with random interface names as I've
detected with bug #809843. This is the reason why systemd has now
a patch 1006-udev-always-rename-network.patch as this avoids this.

That's a lengthy bugreport, but it looks like we're moving in the right
direction with this. Is this already in the current milestone?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (25.5°C)