[opensuse] pam_apparmor(crond:session): Unknown error occurred changing to root hat: Operation not permitted
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:05:49 +0200 (CEST)

I get those messages in the messages log every time cron does something as another user.

This is "Bug 807106".

According to answer #2, I have "pam_apparmor installed, but not configured". Well, I installed the apparmour pattern, I didn't install that module myself, so it has the default configuration.

The bug points to "http://wiki.apparmor.net/index.php/Pam_apparmor"; for info, but I don't get it clear what exactly I have to do to silence those errors - they pollute the logs.

- -- Cheers

Carlos E. R.