Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 08:32:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Wednesday, 2013-06-19 at 08:13 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

At that level does it really matter what the nomenclature is?
"ethX" is nice but the alternative aren't show stoppers.

If it doesn't matter, why not let the names be what they were, why
change? What's the rationale for changing the names, do we need that?

There is roughly zero rationale, but rest assured Carlos, you DO need
it. Don't your network interfaces change their names all the time?

Nope, I have never seen that. I have eth0, eth1, ppp0, lo, wlan0 in the lappy... and vmnet something for those from vmaware.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.