Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
Carlos E. R. said the following on 06/18/2013 02:21 PM:

The decission to start simultaneously two mutually exclusive services is
not mine, it is from the system, and implemented by systemd. When I found
out, I had to manually tell systemd to disable one of the two.

Hmmm.
Now I wonder what _you_ did that I didn't do to get them _both_?

The services themselves are inoccent of something else telling them to
run, even if that decission is wrong. And it was systemd who told them to
start.

See above.
See also my comments about context and the difficulty of a 'one size fits all' when we've already done customizations ...

We've been though this before , such as when we made /dev/ 'dynamically generated'. It didn't fit everyone's needs right away. (I'm not sure it does even now.)

Right now all I see in in
rules.d/77-network.rules
which uses ifup/ifdown and
rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
which maps an Ethernet address to eth0

YMMV - it probably does :-)

So check your riles and see what else you have ...

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013