Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
On 6/17/2013 1:49 PM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 06/17/2013 11:57 AM, Istvan Gabor pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Hello:

I see there are plenty of messages on this list related to systemd, and
systemd related issues.
For me this fact indicates that systemd is not matured and stable enough to
be included in a RELEASE
as default and standard.

To include a question too, I thought that post 12.1 openSUSE versions come
with systemd and do not
offer sysvinit as an alternative. Still I read here that some users are
using or trying to use sysvinit on
openSUSE 12.3. So, do openSUSE 12.2 and 12.3 offer sysvinit package(s)
similarly to 12.1 which can be
exchanged for systemd?

12.2 is the last version to offer sysvinit (it's what I'm using). 12.3 and
newer will only have systemd.

Really?

Seems to be quite a few sysvinit packages in
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/suse/i586/
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/