Re: [opensuse] radeon crashes
On 6/17/2013 4:52 AM, Peter wrote:
I'm starting a fresh thread following some comments I posted recently in
I don't want to keep hijacking that as my own issue isn't strictly related.

I'm trying to resolve long-running radeon issues (a laptop with a Mobility
Radeon 9700, based off the 9600, RV350), going back to around the

___Abreviated___

Is there anything else I can try or is it really the end of the road for my
legendary laptop?

Its odd you are having so much problems with that card since my much older and
less capable
x1400 series laptop card seems to work quite well.
I had several issues initially but I found (and posted) that obtaining a newer
xorg
seemed to fix all my issues except one.

See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2013-05/msg00970.html

The only remaining issue is if desktop effects is on, sound can become very
"stuttery"
but simply not using so much bling solves that problem. This is due solely to
Mesa
I believe.