Re: [opensuse] Systemd says: systemd-modules-load.service failed
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:49:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-06-17 at 14:30 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I ask because I wonder what happens if one decides, after
installation, to move /usr to a separate partition, one simply has to
make initrd again, or some setting has to be toggled.

I don't know, but hasn't this been discussed quite a bit? I don't do it
myself, but I thought there was some sort of (new?) issue in
keeping /usr on a separate partition.

No issues "normally", this system I run has a separate /usr placed on a different disk, so it just works. But it is an upgraded system, not one modified later.

There may issues in rescue mode, while /usr is not mounted. I believe I would need to use a rescue system if I have problems, but I can live with that, I guess.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.