Re: [opensuse] Systemd says: systemd-modules-load.service failed
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:08:53 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

In this machine, besides the upgraded work partition from 12.1 to 12.3
I have another one with a 12.3 freshly installed. This one created
"/etc/sysconfig/kernel", and it contains:

INITRD_MODULES="pata_jmicron ata_piix ata_generic"

MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT=""

I assume that the first entry is needed, for the correct initrd to be
created.

Yup.

What I don't know is where is the logic to decide that parts
of /usr (a separate partition) is copied to initrd.

mkinitrd and the scripts in /lib/mkinitrd/

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (26.4°C)