Re: [opensuse] RE: lack of flexibility of systemd
Per Jessen wrote:
At this point, I would say stick with systemd. It _does_ still have
minor teething problems, but they are really mostly corner-cases. Occasionally migration incompatibilities appear where systemd no longer
supports what one was used to in sysvinit (see for instance Carlos'
spamd issue re inline comments).
----
If you have really primitive startup scripts ... then systemd
seems useful, but for scripts that actually took advantage of scripting
to build in flexibility it seems a rather large step backwards.

Systemd would choke on my transmission startup script.

Someone on the transmission forum wanted to know how to create
such a script on a distro that had gone to systemd and had lost
such flexibility.