Re: [opensuse] RE: Stability of systemd
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 18:11:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2013-06-16 at 10:55 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Duaine Hechler wrote:

Since I can't point to anything specific at the point, I'm thinking
more in general. I remember with the older 2 versions, it was - highly
- recommended to disable systemd and use sysvinit. So, is there a
recommendation (then) ?

At this point, I would say stick with systemd. It _does_ still have
minor teething problems, but they are really mostly corner-cases.
Occasionally migration incompatibilities appear where systemd no longer
supports what one was used to in sysvinit (see for instance Carlos'
spamd issue re inline comments).

I concur.

There are hurdles with migration, but as systemd is here to stay, better get it done with. At least with 12.3, I skipped 12.2 on purpose, so I'm learning it now.

It's a complicated migration, 12.1 to 12.3...

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.