Re: [opensuse] RE: Stability of systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:30:27 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

Per Jessen said the following on 06/16/2013 04:55 AM:
At this point, I would say stick with systemd. It_does_ still have
minor teething problems, but they are really mostly corner-cases.
Occasionally migration incompatibilities appear where systemd no
longer supports what one was used to in sysvinit (see for instance
Carlos' spamd issue re inline comments).

That's not a show-stopper.
"The Rest Of Us" who don't put in-line comments in the config files
never saw that. And putting comments on separate lines is what
appears in most files.

So probabilistically, systemd will work. :-)

As Crisitan pointed out, it arises, like my own problems that he
gently corrected me on, from not paying enough attention to the
documentation.

And insufficient testing, both by developers and testers.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.7°C)