Re: [opensuse] RE: Stability of systemd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:55:02 +0200
Duaine Hechler wrote:

On 06/15/2013 10:39 PM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 06/15/2013 11:28 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
Is systemd more reliable and stable in 12.3, than in 12.1 and 12.2 ?

Or is keeping with sysvinit the better way to stay ?

What are you looking for specifically ? can't answer vague
questions.. "stability" means different things depending on the
context.

Of course systemd has bugs like any other software, however most
problems in older version are derived from issues in the openSUSE
implementation and packages totally unrelated with it

Since I can't point to anything specific at the point, I'm thinking
more in general. I remember with the older 2 versions, it was - highly
- recommended to disable systemd and use sysvinit. So, is there a
recommendation (then) ?

At this point, I would say stick with systemd. It _does_ still have
minor teething problems, but they are really mostly corner-cases.
Occasionally migration incompatibilities appear where systemd no longer
supports what one was used to in sysvinit (see for instance Carlos'
spamd issue re inline comments).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.7°C)