Re: [opensuse] systemd restart
В Sat, 15 Jun 2013 20:57:01 -0500
Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 06/15/2013 07:40 PM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 15/06/13 20:20, Moby escribió:

How does one restart systemd without rebooting the OS?

the init system reloads its configuration with systemctl daemon-reload

I have some OSS
machines that use Samba for AD integration. Whenever Samba is updated,
libwinbind* all get updated. Prior to OSS 12.3, I could just restart
services that used files that had been updated and everything was good.
Now, however, systemd appears to use libwinbind* and I have no idea how
to get systemd to use the new libwind. I cannot figure out how to
restart systemd without a system reboot. Any help is appreciated.

systemd does not use libwinbind (or links to any samba
component)...Care to explain your problem better ?

Thanks for the resopnse Cristina.

systemd is using libnss_winbind.so.2 which is provided by samba-winbind.
I did:
zypper in --force samba-winbind
zypper ps

and I see:
PID | PPID | UID | Login | Command | Service | Files
-----+------+-----+------------+--------------+--------------+------------------
1 | 0 | 0 | root | systemd | |
/lib/libnss_win->
504 | 1 | 103 | avahi | avahi-daemon | avahi-daemon |
/lib/libnss_win->
1433 | 1 | 0 | root | winbindd | winbind |
/lib/libnss_win->
.
.
.

Doing a systemctl daemon-reload still leaves systemd showing using
libnss_winbind.so.2.

Yes. You need "systemctl daemon-reexec" which actually restarts
systemd. daemon-reload just makes it to re-initialize configuration.