Re: [opensuse] purging old kernels
Il 11/06/2013 09:50, Peter ha scritto:
On 2013-06-11 13:57:54 +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
There is a service called "purge-kernels" which runs on boot by default
which cleans up the multiple installed kernels.

Check with "systemctl status purge-kernels".

I get the following output:
purge-kernels.service - Purge old kernels
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/purge-kernels.service;
disabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/purge-kernels.service

So something is not enabled that should be. The empty file
/boot/do_purge_kernels already exists. The file
/usr/lib/systemd/system/purge-kernels.service references
/sbin/purge-kernels, so I simply ran this and it successfully removed
the oldest of the three kernels I have installed, freeing up some space
in /boot.

The question then is should that service be enabled by default and why
wasn't it? Running systemctl status purge-kernels again now, it is still
disabled. How do I set it to enabled?

Hello,

I was curious to check my setup, since also I use a separate (limited
space) of /boot partition and I get this response:

marco@linux-turion64:~> sudo systemctl status purge-kernels.service
purge-kernels.service - Purge old kernels
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/purge-kernels.service;
enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
start condition failed at Sat, 2013-06-15 12:43:52 BRT; 9min
ago

CGroup: name=systemd:/system/purge-kernels.service

Why it says "start condition failed"?

Cheers,

--
Marco Calistri (amdturion)
opensuse 12.3 (Dartmouth) 64 bit - Kernel 3.7.10-1.4-desktop Gnome 3.6.2