Re: [opensuse] systemd hides important information for diagnosis of rsyslog.
В Sat, 15 Jun 2013 02:48:31 -0400
Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 06/15/2013 02:28 AM, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

Additionally, it also demonstrates that systemd does not do any rate
limiting on socket-activated services. Which is bad actually.

Rate limiting works here..(factory) what rsyslog you tested in what
distro ?

openSUSE 12.3. We are here on opensuse@ list, are not we?

ps: changing the syslog service file "StandarOutput" will go against the
documenation and the specification for the interaction of syslog and the
journal/systemd

That's not a technical argument. Please explain, *what* will go wrong
in this case instead of referring to holy book.

If we rate limit rsyslog.service itself, we get burst of errors from it
every now and then. What problem does it cause?

Besides I demonstrated that even in default configuration systemd goes
amok when rsyslog cannot be started. So what exactly does suppressing
diagnostic output improve beyond making diagnostic impossible?

so you will have to makke your case upstream ;)

I did.