Re: [opensuse] Odd results from df

On June 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM Otto Rodusek <otto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yep, I just got my answer. From a previous thread and also from Angsar,
"When a file system is created, 5% of all blocks are reserved for the
super user (for writing logs etc.) If this disk is only for storing
files (and e.g. doesn't contain /var/) you can set this to 0% (or you
may keep 1% just in case):"

$ tune2fs -m 0 /dev/sd???? Solves the problem.

I would only do that for file systems with user data like /home,
but not for system file systems like / or /var.

A normal user could probably fill up the partition,
and the system probably would crash ...

Have a nice day,
Berny