Re: [opensuse] Do I have a rpm database corruption (OpenSUSE 12.3) (noobish)
On 2013-06-14 02:04, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 13/06/13 19:34, h escribió:

I am guessing that part of my rpm database has become corrupt.
Can I reconstruct the database, or a part of it?

Yes, your rpm database is corrupted.. issue rpm --rebuilddb

WARNING, WARNING big WARNING: in some cases, that does not work, if that
happends, you are screwed.

Not yet! There is a cron that makes a backup copy, rotating every week.
They are in "/var/adm/backup/rpmdb". Just copy the last one over and try
rebuild. If it fails, try one day earlier, repeat until works or not -
then you are screwed :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.