Re: [opensuse] Re: XFS and openSUSE 12.1
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2013-06-13 12:59, Dave Howorth wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
By the way, try not to use "fsync". It forces the kernel to write to
disk even if not convenient.
I think this is misguided advice. It is very important to use use fsync
to ensure that the data makes it onto the disk in order to ensure data
or whole files don't disappear.

Yes, of course the data must be written. But if we force the kernel to
write it now, we reduce overall performance. Just my opinion, but you
can make a run and compare.

Right but performance matters for nothing if the results are incorrect!

Please read up about fsync before encouraging people not to use it.
There are lots of links in this thread and in the XFS list discussion.