Re: [opensuse] XFS and openSUSE 12.1
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:27:20 +0200
On Wed, 2013-06-12 at 14:13 -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
BTW this may explain one possible cause:

http://serverfault.com/questions/126413/limit-linux-background-flush-dirty-pages

Very interesting read, I think Roger might well find some help there.
----
I don't think his system is writing the buffers out only once
per 30 minutes. It sounds more like a the buffers getting full with
data he doesn't need anymore but the kernel does it's normal memory trim,
trying to keep as much of it in memory as it can.

It's probably walking some memory structure of the file cache looking
for things too empty -- because before it can give the buffers to you it
likely has to zero them. What mode are you opening the files in, BTW?
Write-only or RW?

fopen with "w+"

The file is expected not to exist.

Yours sincerely,