Re: [opensuse] Re: XFS and openSUSE 12.1
Carlos E. R. said the following on 06/11/2013 08:03 AM:

On 2013-06-11 13:52, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 12:31 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

Indeed I have not. Instead I have demonstrated that it is
independent of the file system as the same behavior happens with
ext4. If the problem was limited to xfs, then I think they could
help.

They can help in any case :-)

Even if it affects other filesystems, they will know why it affects
their filesystem.

Of course it affects all file systems.
Of Roger had continued he'd have found it affects ReiserFS, BtrFS and more.

Its about the way the SYSTEM caches data. Its not the file system.

Of course the cache doesn't go away when he uses sync!
Why should it? Its a cache not a buffer.

--
How long did the whining go on when KDE2 went on KDE3?

The only universal constant is change. If a species can not adapt it
goes extinct. That's the law of the universe, adapt or die.
-- Billie Walsh, May 18 2013