Re: [opensuse] Re: XFS and openSUSE 12.1 [SOLVEDish]
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:04:11 +0200
On Wed, 2013-06-12 at 09:37 +0200, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I don't want to say it is solved. But with the following I can at least
make the system work as intended.

The workaround that seems to correct the situation is to run this:

while [ 1 ]
do
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
sleep 60
done &

Obviously a brute-force approach that is really only possible on my
system as it does not seem to mess up general usage. The rate of 60
seconds is arbitrary. But each time this is run, the cache has grown to
almost 3 GB.

I have now asked the question on the XFS mailing list, and if I hear
anything interesting, and if anyone here is interested, I will inform
here.

Thanks to all for all the help. Great list here!

--
Roger Oberholtzer