Re: [opensuse] Systemd kills text terminals
On 2013-06-12 01:15 (GMT-0400) Brian K. White composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

If Plymouth is not installed (as on all my installations),
plymouth.enable=0 serves no purpose.

It serves a purpose as a prophylactic in case plymouth gets installed
despite his express wishes and without his noticing one day, ie by
dependency hell and inconsiderate packaging.

Carlos already wrote that. My prophylactic is its presence in /etc/zypp/locks, usually put there via selecting taboo during installation, plus an assist from the addition of solver.onlyRequires = true in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf. :-)

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/