Re: [opensuse] Systemd kills text terminals

On 2013-06-12 04:20, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2013-06-12 03:42 (GMT+0200) Carlos E. R. composed:

I don't really know - just that it works O:-)

I tried several combinations. Someone suggested that. I get the
bootup messages, with green for success, red for failed services,
similar to what systemv displayed on boot. Once I got those
messages in tty 5, so perhaps that "console=tty1" is to tell it
where to print.

But the graphical tty1 with background image after the tty1 is
lost, i liked it.

Initial openSUSE releases using systemd were putting X on tty1.
Maybe console=tty1 is an obsolete workaround found prior to
restoration of X to tty7. Some other distros are still putting X on
tty1 if booting directly to X, but on tty7 if loading X after
logging in on a tty, musical chairs systemd style. :-p

I don't want it on VT7, because then the graphical session goes to
VT8. It might be interesting on VT11, though, but VT1 is about fine.

A dot after the equal? I'll try that. I think that the upgrade
process left that vga one from the previous system.

That . was end of sentence.

Oops.

Completion of video= with a supported video mode was implied, e.g.
video=1400x1050@75 or video=1600x900. I use it always, because its
the easy way to get bigger text on the ttys than what results from
using KMS-determined preferred/native video mode matching that used
for Xorg. Most of mine are set to video=1152x864. YaST still
doesn't know how to do it itself except to parrot it if you've
supplied it via custom kernel options.

Ok... I deleted the entry. I might use 1920x1080@60, which is what X
my uses. But without the entry I think I do not get the video mode
change somewhere at the boot start, and going from VT1 to VT7 seems
faster. Text size seems the same as I had previously, so all is good.

Almost... I do not have the graphical background of VT1. No idea what
sets it.

As I taboo Plymouth at install time, I don't worry about it
getting installed by accident and trying to prettify my boot
messages with spindly fonts and low contrast colors.

That's what I did, or I thought I did. Nevertheless, I got those
libraries back on my system at some point, or they were never deleted
at install time (plymouth itself was never installed, it seems)

On my tests, I deleted too much, resulting on removal of suspend, too.
I had to reinstall suspend, and this brought back in some plymouth
related libs. It can not be avoided, aparently.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.