Re: [opensuse] Systemd kills text terminals
On 2013-06-12 02:52 (GMT+0200) Carlos E. R. composed:

I use this on grub kernel line:

showopts vga=0x31a plymouth.enable=0 splash=verbose console=tty1 loglevel=3

I've not encountered console=tty1 before. Why is it there? (I still have X on tty7.)

Are you using a proprietary video driver or a video chip that otherwise lacks KMS support? With FOSS drivers for Intel, AMD & NVidia chips, your vga= gets discarded after the initial seconds of boot messages, if not sooner. Its replacement for KMS supported drivers is video=.

If Plymouth is not installed (as on all my installations), plymouth.enable=0 serves no purpose.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/