Re: [opensuse] Watching videos in openSUSE 12.3
Andrew Colvin wrote:
On KDE should be easier if you create a Multimedia Activity, then go to
Battery Monitor Settings and on the left side panel go to Activity Settings
and choose Multimedia Activity Tab (or whatever you named it). There,
Define
a special behavior by checking the boxes "Never shutdown the screen" and
"Never suspend or shutdown". Apply the changes and OK.

Another settings you should check is Display and Monitor->Screen Locker-

So, it would appear there's no way, short of special configurations, to
keep the display from blanking when playing a video?
+1

All I do is switch to this activity when I am going to watch videos. The
problem with the sound device though is how does the OS know which device you
want it to play through?

On Windows, it switches when connected via HDMI, nothing has to be
configured. Similar already happens on openSUSE, such as when I plug in
a USB headset.