Re: [opensuse] purging old kernels
On 2013-06-11 13:57:54 +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
There is a service called "purge-kernels" which runs on boot by default
which cleans up the multiple installed kernels.

Check with "systemctl status purge-kernels".

I get the following output:
purge-kernels.service - Purge old kernels
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/purge-kernels.service; disabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/purge-kernels.service

So something is not enabled that should be. The empty file /boot/do_purge_kernels already exists. The file /usr/lib/systemd/system/purge-kernels.service references /sbin/purge-kernels, so I simply ran this and it successfully removed the oldest of the three kernels I have installed, freeing up some space in /boot.

The question then is should that service be enabled by default and why wasn't it? Running systemctl status purge-kernels again now, it is still disabled. How do I set it to enabled?