Re: [opensuse] Re: XFS and openSUSE 12.1
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 13:52:26 +0200
Is there some policy or setting that controls how the file system deals
with file system cache in RAM? More specifically, is there any way to
limit it's size for a file system?

Is there a way to see how much of the RAM cache for a file system is
actually containing data waiting to be flushed?

I haven't seen you ask about your problem on the XFS list? As before,
I'd suggest that is the best place to find a solution and also to answer
questions like this.

There is a discussion going on at the moment about delays and flushing.

Indeed I have not. Instead I have demonstrated that it is independent of
the file system as the same behavior happens with ext4. If the problem
was limited to xfs, then I think they could help.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20