[opensuse] Watching videos in openSUSE 12.3
I occasionally watch videos with my computer and use my notebook
computer to display on my TV via HDMI. I have noticed two issues. One,
the desktop will blank out after a while and I have to press a key to
bring it back. The other is when I use HDMI to carry the audio, I have
to reconfigure PulseAudio to switch the audio from the internal speakers
to Digital Stereo output. On Windows, the screen does not blank when
playing a video and the audio is switched automatically to HDMI. Is
there any way to configure openSUSE to behave in a similar manner as
Windows. The audio switching is a minor inconvenience, but the screen
blanking is da*n irritating, especially when watching a show that runs a
couple of hours.

tnx jk