Re: [opensuse] Systemd kills text terminals

On 2013-06-10 02:19, Cristian Rodr■guez wrote:

[CTRL][Alt][F1] does not work.

chvt 1 - hangs.

It was working an hour ago.

Again.. not a useful description for a problem.

Does ctrl + alt + F6 offers you a tty ?

None of 1-10 works at all.

Typing in an xterm:

su -
chvt 1

hangs, does not return.

Removing plymouth-branding-openSUSE and plymouth-scripts,
tabooing them.

What do you mean with that ? removing those packages fixes the
problem ?

Absolutely, after a reboot. It is a documented bug somewhere, reported
for factory. I went straight to remove those, having read about it
previously, here or in the beta forum.

I had booted to level 3, then run "init 5" to reach graphical mode. I
had an editor session working in VT 5, I needed to get there to get
the results of a previous test saved.

I exited XFCE, logged in again as "failsafe" (xorg session type
"failsafe", not grub failsafe). Got a terminal, issued "init 3" to
kill graphics, got to text mode, and there I had the terminals,
intact, and I could save my file.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.