Re: [opensuse] XFS and openSUSE 12.1
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:16:30 +0200
On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 09:33 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:
Seriously, post to the XFS list. They get end-user questions fairly
often and are pretty friendly about helping out.

I've been really surprised how much help the give people working with
raid systems.

What Greg said. ++

Note that you'll get a much friendlier reception if you post all the
information they ask for when you ask your question

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_information_should_I_include_when_reporting_a_problem.3F

Might be worth skimming the rest of the FAQ too. You'll be talking
direct to the devs, and likely getting a response from them.

I am seeing how to collect the information they may want. Thanks for the
pointer.

FTHOI, I changed my app to write to either /dev/null or a file on a
tmpfs partition. Oddly, both reported the same 10 msecs to perform the
operations. I would have thought that the tmpfs write would take a bit
longer as it really happens, while the /dev/null write is simply
discarded. Unless this indicates some problem with my metric.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20