Re: [opensuse] Re: renaming a network dev w/udevadm from command line?
В Mon, 03 Jun 2013 00:16:52 -0700
Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
Current upstream udev does not attempt to work around "need to be
moved out of the way" so this will not work reliably. Use name space
that does not clash with internal kernel one, like "netXXX". That is
guaranteed to work.

How does udev rename them? Can't I invoke the method that udev uses to
rename them when it works or are you saying some new udev doesn't have this?

ioctl(sk, SIOCSIFNAME, &ifr);

That is exactly what "ip link set name" does.

I was under the understanding that we were not going to have to rename our
interfaces.

How do I get the consistent and same names I had before?

You gave zero information about openSUSE version you are running, which
makes it rather hard to even guess the answer.