Re: [opensuse] Nepomuk - The Opposite Question
On 6/1/2013 7:08 AM, Daniel Bauer wrote:
Am 31.05.2013 23:54, schrieb John Andersen:
I've searched high and low on Google, and can find tons of pages about how
to kill off nepomuk.

But, I actually want to make it WORK. (I know, crazy, right?)

I have a mountain of code that I want to wade thru, and having something that
would help me find all references to specific data names, or subroutines
throughout
the code base would be great.

So its running on the machine, it indexed a boatload of stuff, I selected the
directory structures I wanted indexed, and let it do its thing.
The Places portion of Dolphin shows me a list of types, one of which is
Documents
and all the source code modules show up in there.

But I STILL can't find file names or variable names (data elements) in this
source code.
At least it won't find any such thing in Dolphin's built in Search.

Is there a some other tool I need to use for this?

I use kfind to find text parts. It works great and is quite fast without any
indexing... It just gives a list of files that contain what I
searched for. Don't know if that's what you're looking for...

Daniel

Kfind has no choice but to start thrashing through every file on your disk till
it finds
the text. Each search takes a long time because it takes a long time to dig
through
thousands of files.

What I was looking for was something to make good on all of the grandiose
promises
nepomuck has made over the last several years, which included indexing the
selected files
on your drive by every word in every file, so that finding every file that
mentioned
the words "socket" and "AF_INET6" would be listed instantly, because they were
already
found in an index.

Searching a drive full of software and taking 10 minutes to do so each
time is not my definition of "quite fast" or "working great".