Re: [opensuse] Root and boot partitions on a sw raid volume (opensuse 12.2 - 12.3 rc1 64bit)
Dave Howorth wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
jjletho67-esus@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I think every system
with a sw raid configuration should have also the boot partition on
top of a raid1 volume. I don't think to have an uncommon partition
layout...
I agree.
Why so? I use RAID to protect my data. I use a separate backup image to
protect my system. I confess I'm also influenced by the apparent
difficulties in setting up and maintaining bootable RAIDs.

I guess it might depend on your goals when using RAID.

IIRC, /boot can be installed on RAID 1.