Re: [opensuse] Root and boot partitions on a sw raid volume (opensuse 12.2 - 12.3 rc1 64bit)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:57:19 +0100
Dave Howorth wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
jjletho67-esus@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I think every system with a sw raid configuration should have also
the boot partition on top of a raid1 volume. I don't think to have
an uncommon partition layout...

I agree.

Why so?

Due to harddisk prices, I think RAID configurations are quite common.

I use RAID to protect my data. I use a separate backup image
to protect my system. I confess I'm also influenced by the apparent
difficulties in setting up and maintaining bootable RAIDs.

I guess it might depend on your goals when using RAID.

I only have one - availability/up-time.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.6°C)