Re: [opensuse] Root and boot partitions on a sw raid volume (opensuse 12.2 - 12.3 rc1 64bit)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:40:12 +0100
jjletho67-esus@xxxxxxxx wrote:

The tests i'm doing tell me that there are severe problem using yast
installation. Should i consider this a bug or simply i'm trying to
do something which is deliberately unsupported ?

I would open a bugreport.

I'm going to wait for the 12.3 final release  and, if the behavior
will be the same i'll open a bugreport I have already tried 12.3 rc2
with no luck

I wouldn't expect any such major changes. Maybe you could try 12.2 and
see how that goes.

In the meanwhile if someone of you have encountered a similar issue or
have a similar partition layout please share your experiences, it
would be very useful. What sounds very very strange to me is that
nobody has already signaled this issue like me. I think every system
with a sw raid configuration should have also the boot partition on
top of  a raid1 volume. I don't think to have an uncommon partition
layout...

I agree.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.6°C)