Re: [opensuse] Root and boot partitions on a sw raid volume (opensuse 12.2 - 12.3 rc1 64bit)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:17:44 +0100
jjletho67-esus@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
lilo does the job, being outdated or not means little to
me.  The only shortcoming I see in lilo is the lack of multi-boot
support.  One of these days when I'm bored, I might just fix that.

It's very good to know that at least with lilo an installation with a
software raid boot partition is possible. However i would like to know
if that configuration is possible/supported also with grub or grub2
which are officially supported.

Just my opinion - it has to be supported.

The tests i'm doing tell me that there are severe problem using yast
installation. Should i consider this a bug or simply i'm trying to do
something which is deliberately unsupported ?

I would open a bugreport.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.5°C)