Re: [opensuse] Grub2 and installing multiple distros on same computer
On 2013-03-11 22:17 (GMT+1100) Basil Chupin composed:

Joe Zien wrote:

I use legacy grub to boot multiple distros.
grub2 is too confusing to use.

No, no it isn't it. It is quite easy.

Your opinion. Grub2 is much like systemd, much more complicated. e.g. "systemctl isolate graphical.target" (~35 keystrokes) instead of "init 5" (7 keystrokes, 20% fewer) to switch from multiuser to X....

To add a new distro in legacy grub, all you have to do
is add a new stanza in /boot/grub/menu.lst as below:

With grub2 you don't need to do this (unless you really want to) because
all you do is to execute 'grub2-mkconfig -o <path-to-grub.cfg>'

I can probably add a new stanza to menu.lst via copy/paste/edit faster than most people can type all that, if they can even remember it, and the title will read exactly the way I want instead of some packager's notion of what the title should be. And, I can do it while booted to something else when booting it is broken, and without having to chroot first.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/