Re: [opensuse] Grub vs LILO
Per Jessen wrote:
Felix Miata wrote:

On 2013-03-07 13:04 (GMT-0800) Linda Walsh composed:

5.GRUB is more complicated to use while LILO is simpler and easier
to use.
---
Oh yeah!
Only if you never forget to run lilo after kernel update or other boot
config change, and never make a mistake in lilo.conf before running
Lilo.

The former happens automatically, courtesy of YaST, the latter - well,
if you make mistakes and run 'lilo', you'll find out about it :-)

Surprisingly (or perhaps not), the comparison left out a very key
difference. Grub supports multi-boot, lilo does not, which makes
booting xen a little more hassle with lilo.
----
What do you mean by multi-boot?

lilo can boot up different OS's I used to regularly use
it to boot between windows and Linux.

For a while, I usually ran windows in vmware on linux,
but if I needed graphics speeds for something, I'd reboot into
windows -- Or I can choose one of several other kernel options &
configs to boot from.

You do have to to know what types of boots into what
OS's you want to support BEFORE you reboot (maybe grub allows you
delay that decision till boot time), but I usually know what I
want to boot before I reboot. So I'm not sure I understand
what you mean? Even booted up BSD once...ZZZZzzzz.....