Re: [opensuse] howto use an OLD pentium 3 with 192MB RAM as webradio receiver?
On 2013-03-08 02:00 (GMT+0100) Andreas composed:

I've got an old notebook from about 2002 that has only a pentium 3
600mhz with 192mb RAM and a 20 gb hdd.

Btw it's an old Asus L7300G that got relabled by a local supermarket brand.

It came with 64mb solded on the board and one extension slot.
When I was in the shop fort a RAM upgrade they only had 256mb parts.

The board has an Intel MX chipset that only recognises 192mb so I can't
give it any more as it can't "see" it.
:(

A shame. My Dell has the best of the P2/P3 generation Intel chipsets, 440BX.

Mine gets it's 192mb with it's original 64mb and half of the additional
256mb module.

Even so, create a swap partition first, and you can then install openSUSE in text mode, or use one of the lightweight distros like others have mentioned.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/