[opensuse] Re: Grub vs LILO
Felix Miata wrote:
On 2013-03-07 13:04 (GMT-0800) Linda Walsh composed:

5.GRUB is more complicated to use while LILO is simpler and easier to
use.
---
Oh yeah!

Only if you never forget to run lilo after kernel update or other boot
config change, and never make a mistake in lilo.conf before running
Lilo. Grub's cmdline provides opportunity to boot in spite of config
mistakes, while there's no need to "run" (Grub Legacy) after config or
kernel change.

Not all see beauty in the same things. :-)

But as I mentioned before, I make running lilo part of my kernel
install script, so I *can't* forget it -- it's automatic.

Lilo's command line provides plenty of opportunity for me to boot
as well -- any of a number of previous kernels.

That's why I make /boot a separate partition just for kernels
have a separate /root and /usr.

If everything was on 1 disk, grub might well be more reliable.
But if you want performance and speed, sometimes tuning is worth it.
For many, it's not worth the hassle, I'll admit.