Re: [opensuse] Root and boot partitions on a sw raid volume (opensuse 12.2 - 12.3 rc1 64bit)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 19:00:28 +0100
jjletho67-esus@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,
i'm relatively new to opensuse, but i have been using linux (red hat
based distros) since ten years ago (linux is not my job however).

I've done several test installations using opensuse 12.2 and 12.3 rc1
and i encountered some unexpected problems with my partition layout
and i started to realize that, probably, booting from a raid volume is
not a supported configuration.

Booting from RAID1 is no problem, I have several systems on such a
setup. I use lilo.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.4°C)