Re: [opensuse] 10 days out - 12.3 recommendations
Il 07/03/2013 07:43, Per Jessen ha scritto:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 07/03/13 00:53, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 07/03/13 00:02, Christofer Bell wrote:
On 3/6/13 12:58 AM, "Basil Chupin" <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

People who want Evergreen *do not* want Tumbleweed.
People who want Evergreen *do not* want *anything* that's new. So
in circumstances where Evergreen is appropriate, switching to
Tumbleweed instead is *NOT* appropriate.
I don't understand. If those who use Evergreen don't want anything
that's new then why not simply install, say, 12.1 and switch off any
and all options which will update that system?
Evergreen is long-term support, Tumbleweed is for early adopters (aka
bleeding edge), Factory is experimental.
See my reply to dd.

Tumbleweed is NOT "bleeding edge".
According to your post: "[tumbleweed is] for users that want the
newest". If that is not the leading edge, I don't know what is.

Factory is "bleeding edge", but it is also "not quite fully tested -
use at your own risk; if it breaks you get to keep the pieces".
Sounds experimental to me. I'll stick to my version :-)

I hope only with the 12.3 a better integration of systemd, into the
previous versions it's a real pain in the ass, and at least it don't
work always so well. Now, if systemd is the only choice, i hope that is
really _stable_ and _usable_..... Curious about the new release, but
also a little scared.....

Claudio.