Re: [opensuse] 10 days out - 12.3 recommendations
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 07:43:30 +0100
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 07/03/13 00:53, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 07/03/13 00:02, Christofer Bell wrote:
On 3/6/13 12:58 AM, "Basil Chupin" <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

People who want Evergreen *do not* want Tumbleweed.
People who want Evergreen *do not* want *anything* that's new. So
in circumstances where Evergreen is appropriate, switching to
Tumbleweed instead is *NOT* appropriate.
I don't understand. If those who use Evergreen don't want anything
that's new then why not simply install, say, 12.1 and switch off any
and all options which will update that system?

Evergreen is long-term support, Tumbleweed is for early adopters (aka
bleeding edge), Factory is experimental.

See my reply to dd.

Tumbleweed is NOT "bleeding edge".

According to your post: "[tumbleweed is] for users that want the
newest". If that is not the leading edge, I don't know what is.

Factory is "bleeding edge", but it is also "not quite fully tested -
use at your own risk; if it breaks you get to keep the pieces".

Sounds experimental to me. I'll stick to my version :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.8°C)