Re: [opensuse] Why everyone should learn to use the command line
James Knott said the following on 03/06/2013 10:33 AM:
Per Jessen wrote:
That's what the 'mt' command is for and that's why opensuse (as of
12.2) has it, and that's why its included with the CPIO package and
not the TAR package.
I think 'mt_st' preferred over 'mt', but I can't remember why.

Let's not forget, "tar" stands for tape archive.

Right.
And that's why, as I said, the command for manipulating tapes is
packaged with CPIO and not TAR.

Windows has DLL Hell. We have packaging hell.

--
Definitions are temporary verbalizations of concepts, and concepts --
particularly difficult concepts -- are usually revised repeatedly as our