Re: [opensuse] What are these "devices" in my partition info?
On 05/03/13 00:34, Anton Aylward wrote:
Basil Chupin said the following on 03/04/2013 05:31 AM:
On 04/03/13 20:19, Andrea Turrini wrote:
2013/3/3 Cristian Rodr�guez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
/media is where hotplugged storage devices will be mounted
How can I tell to oS 12.2 to use /media to mount hotplugged devices?
When I plug a pendrive or an usb disk, it is mounted in
/run/media/<user> and not in /media as happens in oS 12.1.

Best,
Andrea
When I mount an USB device it shows up in /media on my oS 12.2, and has
never ever mounted anywhere else.
Same here.

And so the question arises: what are those people claiming otherwise running to claim what they claim?

Apart from the recent (ie, many months ago) alteration of a path which now causes the nvidia driver not to be compiled without a symlink, what else has been done - and when, and to what? - to cause USB devices to be mounted in '/run/media/...."?

(There is nothing like stability in a system. Or sudden instability because somebody couldn't be bothered warning people about a change..... God/Allah bless developers and all those who control them..... :-) .)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 KDE 4.10.00 & kernel 3.8.2-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor