[opensuse] Dying SSD??
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 20:09:19 +0000
Hi

Does anyone know what are the symptoms of a dying SSD?

I switched on my machine this morning and the system wouldn't load the GUI
(kde). I took the short cut of whipping out the 12.2 64bit install DVD (well,
after downloading and burning 12.3 RC on WIn 7 and producing 2 duff disks).

When the installer checked for partitions if took about 15 mins to get through
that section. Once the system was reinstalled, i went to the partitioner in
Yast and the same thing happened, it took about 15 minutes to load up the
partition data.

I'm using the SSD as the root partition and its also booting from it. My home
partition is on a separate but ordinary disk.

Any ideas?

I've got another disk ready if it fails.

regards

Ian