Re: [opensuse] Free Office Suite
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 20:17:14 +0100
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM, James Knott wrote:
I wonder if they're selling LibreOffice or OpenOffice? There have been many
attempts to sell OO as a commercial product, including "free" support, when
all they do is send you to a mail list.

They've been around for almost as long as OOo. The original TextMaker
and other components started around 1987 or 1988. As far as i know
(based on my involvement with OOo), they developed in parallel, and
are not a rebranding in any way of OOo (like some others that have
tried to resell OOo under a new name).

C.