Re: [opensuse] own environment variables in init scripts
On March 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
El 2013-03-04 a las 10:50 +0100, Meike Stone escribió:

I'm looking for a more general way to set this variables. Is there
nowhere a way, to set global environment variables during boot?

When such things exists, they are named something.local.

Example: /etc/bash.bashrc.local

The question is *what* environment variables ...

E.g. I have an apache2 system here which needs an additional
LD_LIBRARY_PATH entry, so I wouldn't put that into a global
rc-file.

If the httpd-process does not already need that variable,
but instead a certain web application, then there are
other ways:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/env.html

Have a nice day,
Berny