Re: [opensuse] What are these "devices" in my partition info?
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

/media is where hotplugged storage devices will be mounted

How can I tell to oS 12.2 to use /media to mount hotplugged devices?
When I plug a pendrive or an usb disk, it is mounted in
/run/media/<user> and not in /media as happens in oS 12.1.

There is no way. Upstream decided that it should be

a)/run/media/<user>
b) not configurable

On my 12.2 system, a pen drive appears in /media. There isn't even a
/run/media directory.

This likely depends on which DE is used and which udisks version it is
using. IIRC udisk2 is using /run/media and udisks1 - /media.